After launching the ACTIVE.com MOB experience earlier this year, we began to wonder: Who is participating in these types of events...and why?We surveyed roughly 1,000 ACTIVE.com Lifestyle panelists, and here's what we found:
- MOBsters are typically middle-aged women
- Social events – most people are participating in a MOB event with another person; they are also encouraging groups of friends to do it with them
- It's all about the fun – biggest motivations are fun and "something new and different"
- The 5K audience is drawn to these types of events
- MOBsters are planning and registering more than 2 months in advance
- Facebook is an integral part of the experience
- High repeat - 75-plus percent of MOBsters are willing to do the same race again
Want to learn more? Check out our infographic and read more on our Endurance blog, here.