As we speak, thousands of park and recreation professionals are descending upon Anaheim, CA. It's NRPA's (National Recreation and Park Association) annual Congress & Exposition! From October 16 - 18, participants will attend receptions, speaking sessions, workshops, meetings, a trade show, 5K Fun Run/Walk, and more. ACTIVE Network will be there as well!Whether you can or cannot make it this year, here's what you need to know:What it's all about:
How you can meet up with ACTIVE:Exhibit booth #1743:
- Stop by our booth on Tuesday from 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM or on Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Enter to win an iPad at our booth! (See rules and regulations here)
- Learn how you can save time and money with recreation management software
- The Fundamentals to Boost Participation: A Case Study Approach
- Claire Vignon, Online Marketing Specialist at ACTIVE Network, Communities
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 8:00 - 9:15 AM
- Room 210B - Anaheim Convention Center
Learning Outcome #1: Explain how to optimize your website to drive registrations.Learning Outcome #2: Describe how to capture and keep a growing audience with effective emails.Learning Outcome #3: Identify methods to leverage social media to generate word of mouth about your programs.Read more about the session here.
How you can follow the discussion:
If you can't make it this year, there are some great ways to follow the discussion online.
- Attend the NRPA Virtual Congress - Live
- Subscribe to this blog to get our post-Congress takeaways (see the "Join the Conversation" box in the top right_
- Follow the Twitter hashtag discussion here:
Are you on your way to Anaheim? We'll see you there!