We are proud to announce that ACTIVENet is the software sponsor for NRPA’s National Parks and Recreation Month!
We wanted to let every parks and recreation professional know that we are thankful for all the hard work you do, not just the month of July, but every month.
Without you and the incredible work done to take care of your communities and ensure high-quality parks and rec services and programs were available in multiple capacities, the COVID-19 pandemic would have been even more difficult. It’s because of you that we were able to work through this together.
Parks are at the center of so many experiences and memories—moments that parks and recreation professionals help make happen. Our local parks are often our first experiences in nature, our introduction to a favorite hobby or physical activity. They are places to gather with friends and family, spaces to celebrate life’s special moments, spots of respite and healing, sites that connect us with essential community services and so much more. All of this is possible because of you.
As July is National Parks and Recreation Month, we wanted to help you celebrate with some great ideas to get the word out to your community!
Try one of these five things to do to celebrate!
- Officially proclaim July as National Park and Recreation Month to your community.
- Share stories about how your communities are stronger, more vibrant and more resilient because of parks and recreation via your organization’s social channels using the hashtag #OurParkAndRecStory throughout the month of July.
- Share stories from your community members about what parks and recreation means to them on your organization’s social channels using the hashtag #OurParksAndRecStory
- Show your parks and recreation professionals some love on the official Park and Recreation Professionals Day on July 16, 2021.
- Learn how to create an effective #OurParksAndRecStory video in the recorded webinar with filmmaker Casey Stein.
You can learn more about National Park and Recreation Month and find additional resources by visiting: http://www.nrpa.org/July.