With the unprecedented emergence of COVID-19 and resulting social distancing guidelines set forth by local and federal governments, it’s safe to say no one expected 2020 to unfold this way.
For camp and program organizers who have a community and employees relying on them, the response to the pandemic is critical. You absolutely can maintain your business—it’s just going to look a little different than last year.
ACTIVE’s Camp & Class Manager (CCM) is a robust tool with many business management capabilities to drive success for any type of program you offer - whether it’s in-person, online or both.
From marketing tools that support video collaboration, year-over-year engagement reporting, and more, CCM is ready to help operators go virtual. Here are 5 quick tips for utilizing Camp & Class Manager during COVID-19:
1. Add donation option to registration flows
Families are looking for ways to give back to the organizations they care about. Global Session Options provides a one-click process to add donation options to all registration pages of your programs.
2. Customize emails with virtual session information
Use CCM’s Drag-and-Drop email editor to create marketing campaigns around new virtual offerings or send content to registrants of specific sessions.
3. Host program content on customizable pages
Virtual Events Bags provide landing pages for registrants to view links to supplies, YouTube videos, online meeting details and any other need-to-know content.
4. Sell classroom and program supplies online
CCM’s Merchandise Tool can be used not only in a registration form, but families can also place follow-up purchases within their online accounts.
5. Provide participants a virtual academic "supervitamin"
ACTIVE recently partnered with Brain Chase to give your students or program participants the ability to learn practically anything right from home.
In order to fully take advantage of CCM’s virtual program management capability, you’ll also need to select a video conferencing partner and leverage it in the platform. Many are readily available, as well as an abundance of virtual camp content, so you can get back to running your business and reducing the monetary risk of cancellations and refunds.
To help get you started, we put together an analysis of common video conferencing and collaboration tools worth considering as you transition to virtual programs.
With over 20 years of industry experience, ACTIVE has weathered storms before. With COVID-19 forcing many organizations to operate remotely, our team began immediately building new functionality to provide an even easier process to create virtual programs.
Upcoming enhancements will allow ACTIVEWorks Camp & Class Manager customers to:
- Configure sessions as an online or offline program.
- Add new virtual event details during Session Set-Up including an online meeting link, phone number, meeting ID, password, instructions to join and more.
- Automatically include all online meeting details in confirmation emails.
- Add meeting details easily to any broadcast or reminder emails with new merge field options.
- Promote online sessions with a new registration page filter to help families easily find virtual events you're offering.
The ACTIVE team has not taken the foot off the pedal during this process, and we will continue to support you as you find a new normal.
Reach out to ACTIVE today to learn more about how we can help you to weather this storm and grow your virtual offerings.